Stage 3 (V160)
UPDATE: Getrag / Toyota have started to discontinue several key components needed to perform a complete rebuild on the V160/V161. We are working with other manufacturers to fill these gaps, but this disruption in the supply chain is causing severe delays in completing our rebuild services. Please email us prior to sending us your transmission.
The difference between the Stage 3 and Stage 2 is this rebuild includes a modified center case to eliminate gear damage (gear whine) and REM ISF Mircopolishing of:
- 1-4 gears
- Counter Shaft
- Engagement teeth
This process will improve gear efficiency as there will be less friction. Less friction means temps and stress on the gear teeth will be reduced. This process will also allow for smoother sleeve-to-gear engagement, which means your shift quality will be improved as well.
Another great feature is we modify the center housing to allow more oil to reach the drive gears during a long acceleration pull. The drive gears are located at the front of the trans. This means when you accelerate hard the oil works its way to the back of the trans and your front drive gears run without oil (at full power too) and they burn up and start to whine. If you are tired of whining V160 gears, this build will assure it will never happen again!
Other parts which are replaced and services performed are:
- Synchro assemblies upgraded with the latest revision from Getrag
- We make modifications to the synchro sleeve ramp rates to allow for more accurate synchronization
- An enormous amount of time will be invested with the synchros for this rebuild to insure accurate placement of the synchro outer ring teeth to the sleeve teeth during your shift. We call this Synchro Blueprinting. This is what we love to do and is a detail hard to find as many will only blindly drop in new parts without checking operation.
- Hub and sleeves replaced with the latest revision and include improved key and ball design for smoother and more reliable operation.
- Forks 1-2 and 3-4 fork pin holes are threaded and modified to use bolts for reliability
- Gear Shifting Interlock replaced with newest revision
- Input preload set to our own specs for high power applications and long gear life (no gear whining and we DO NOT follow the manual as it's incorrect!)
Yes, we are aware others can rebuild the V160 for less. Click HERE to see why you want us to do it!
This is the rebuild process from start to finish at Jacks Transmissions HERE
This unit is covered by our 14 month, unlimited mileage warranty.
Does your V160 whine? If so, we can fix it! The whine can be caused by many things, but in most cases it is due to a damaged and wiped out input and counter 5th gear. Please EMAIL US for more info. Want to prevent this damage? Use our trans oil HERE.
Parts cleaned using industrial parts washers and Aluma Blast coating. Exceptionally clean units is one of the reasons why our transmissions are the highest quality in the business! We have state-of-the-art cleaning equipment which other trans builders could only dream of. More info HERE
With the best cleaning equipment, we also have a very clean facility. All units are built in a spotless environment and using tools, and benches, which are clean and only used for assembly purposes. In other words, the same tools used to pull your dirty old trans out of your car are NOT the same tools used to rebuild your pristine unit afterward. Take a look at the typical shop and check their tools. It is shocking how dirty things are in most shops and that dirt will end up in your unit. That doesn't happen here.
Core unit must be in a condition where it can be rebuilt using average wear parts. In other words, no completely broken cores! Core that works, but grinds gears, or makes noise is acceptable, but inspection of the unit will need to be performed.