EVO 8/9 Transmission Build Services
We have recently changed our EVO 8-9 Transmission Build Options. The Standard / Refresh Build Service is a combination of our former road race services, rolling both options into one package, and making the final drive an option. The Performance Build Service replaced the Drag builds and now includes our Forged Output Tube.
We now use the same final drives for both builds to maximize strength and eliminate the ring gear chipping commonly found with the 4.11 final drive. While there is a slight ratio difference, we feel the added strength is worth it.
We have added a brand new Dog box build! This build give you maximum strength as well as dog engagement! You can select between the very popular PPG 1-4 drag ratio set, utilizing stock 5th, or the Albins Extreme set that replaces all gears 1st - 5th
The performance build includes our tapered roller bearings for the input shaft. Note, due to the issues found with the factory input shaft ball bearings, Mitsubishi has reverted back to the tapered roller bearings for the EVO X trans. What more proof is needed that the EVO 8-9 bearings are flawed in design? More info can be found HERE
Not sure which ratio would best suit your needs? Visit our EVO Ratio Comparison Chart
Our EVO 5-speed transmission rebuilds include:
- All Mitsubishi Technical Service Bulletins
- We spend a lot of time on synchro timing, alignment and operation to give you the best shift possible. Synchro Blueprinting
- Changed a few things during assembly to not only reduce, but eliminate gear-to-hub thrust wear
- Jacks Trans preload specifications which will make your gears last longer and handle more power
- We provide cleanest units in the business! Click HERE for more info.
- Personalized service
- Available Forged Output Tubes (Now std on the performance build!)
- For a Transfer Case that can also handle this power check out our Staged T-Case Rebuilds
The Performance build is made for Drag Racing and can also be driven on the street. Race it at the strip and then drive it home on the street, or to work the next day. The trans will shift nice and operate quietly as if it was a factory car and will be a joy to drive.